“GCSC provided the inspiration and interdisciplinary team building that enabled us to investigate this fascinating example of climate-biosphere interaction.”
– Court Strong on findings on the influence of climate on boreal bird irruptions
Faculty affiliation with the GCSC has grown dynamically since the center’s creation, and we continue to seek out the faculty on campus whose work contributes to the grand challenges we aim to alleviate, while maintaining meaningful affiliations with the excellent faculty already engaged.
Please visit the current faculty page to discover more about the individual interests of our affiliate faculty. The process for applying to affiliate with the Center is outlined below.
Being affiliated with the GCSC brings several benefits to faculty members, including:
- Opportunities for interdisciplinary engagement in environmental research
- A broad academic arena for training the next generation of environmental professionals
- Support to recruit excellent graduate students through the GCSC Graduate Fellowship program
- Student support through research and travel funds
- A mentoring program for postdoctoral researchers
- Staff coordination and accounting assistance for planning and implementing large, multi-investigator research and graduate training proposals
All tenured, tenure-track, and research faculty at the University of Utah are eligible for affiliation with the GCSC. Applications for affiliation will be reviewed and voted upon by the GCSC Executive Committee.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your current curriculum vitae.
- A brief statement explaining how your academic research relates to the GCSC mission and foci: the environment, global changes, sustainability, and/or ecosystems.
- Please tell the Executive Committee–which is comprised of researchers from a broad range of disciplines–the relevance of your work to the interdisciplinary community as well as what you hope to bring to, and gain from, affiliation with the GCSC.