Off-cycle Small Grants
Recognizing that unique student opportunities may occasionally arise, the GCSC may consider off-cycle funding requests of up to $500. Such awards would support enrichment of students’ academic experience in interdisciplinary research or training beyond what is available at the U of U. In order for an off-cycle request to be considered, it needs to be time-sensitive and linked to some unique opportunity that cannot be addressed in the regular research and travel grant cycle.
Eligibility and Requirements
- The student’s advisor must be an active member of the GCSC.
- The opportunity must be relevant to the mission of the GCSC.
- The opportunity must expand beyond the student’s discipline.
- Must not have received a travel or off-cycle award in the preceding 12 month period.
- If appropriate, students will be expected to present a poster at the annual GCSC Research Symposium.
- Please use this grant application form.
- On the form, explain how the opportunity is interdisciplinary and relates to the mission of the GCSC.
- Please ask your faculty advisor to submit a letter of recommendation with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. (These are not to be submitted by the applicant.)
- Recommendation for the request
- Description of the faculty advisor’s participation with the GCSC in the past year (committee service or other engagement)
- All application materials should be sent to email@example.com.
- Requests for research or travel funds should be made through the regular grant process.
ApplicationS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON A ROLLING BASIS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
Decisions and funding will be available within 30 days of receipt of a complete application (including faculty materials).