The GCSC seminar series presents some of the best researchers--from around campus and across the country--whose work sheds light on global change and sustainability.
Seminars are at 4:00 pm on alternate Tuesdays in room 295 fasb. participants may also join via zoom.
To receive notifications, join our email list.
Seminars are open to all, and students who are enrolled in the Seminar course, SUST 6800, have additional opportunities to engage with the speakers.
October 4, 2022
October 18, 2022
- Truman Young, Professor and Restoration Ecologist, University of California, Davis
"Deconstructing the conservation-development paradigm, and reconstructing it in an African savanna"
Cosponsored with the School of Biological Sciences
November 1, 2022
- Brenda Mallory, Chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality
Cosponsored with the Wallace Stegner Center for the Environment
November 15, 2022
- Andrea Dutton, Professor of Geoscience, University of Wisconsin
"Sea level of the past and future: At the Intersection of Politics, Race, Gender, Ice Sheets, and Corals"
Earlier this semester:
September 6, 2022
- Catalina de Onís, University of Oregon
"La lucha sigue: Translating Energy Justice for Multiple Audiences"
Cosponsored with the Department of Communication Read more.
September 20, 2022
- Kerry Case, Chief Sustainability Officer, University of Utah
"Centering Equity in University Climate Action Planning" Read more.