The GCSC seminar series presents some of the best researchers--from around campus and across the country--whose work sheds light on global change and sustainability.
Seminars are at 4:00 pm on alternate Tuesdays in room 295 fasb. participants may also join via zoom.
To receive notifications, join our email list.
Seminars are open to all, and students who are enrolled in the Seminar course, SUST 6800, have additional opportunities to engage with the speakers.
January 16, 2024
- Joshua Trey Barnett, Assistant Professor of Communication Arts and Sciences, Pennsylvania State University
January 30, 2024
- Kerry Kelly and Tristalee Mangin, Chemical Engineering, University of Utah
Indoor air quality on the UofU campus
February 13, 2024
- Jory Lerback, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories
What is “Inclusive Sustainable Resilience”, and how does my iso-bio-geo-chemistry skillset move us towards these ideals? Stories from a groundwater-reliant scientist
February 27, 2024
- Jeff Robison, M.D., Associate Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine
Climate change and global child health
March 12, 2024
- Jonathon Preece, Department of Geography, University of Georgia
Atmospheric drivers of Greenland Ice Sheet mass loss in a rapidly warming Arctic. Read more.
March 26, 2024
- Matthew Fry, Department of Geography, University of Utah
Shade, canopy, community: Emergent urban tree epistemologies
April 9, 2024
- Timothy Adekunle, College of Architecture, University of Utah