What is the data source for the Sustainability Inventory?
The source for the inventory is the Faculty Activity Report (FAR).
I am a faculty member and my sustainability-related activities are not showing. Why?
There are several reasons why your data might not be showing:
- You can search by only one of these: country or college/department or faculty last name or keyword. Ensure that the appropriate radio button is chosen for your search and that the search term is selected or entered in the field.
- Faculty activities in the inventory are fed from the FAR system. Activities need to be tagged with the sustainability flag (FAR) in your profile, have the appropriate research theme(s) selected, and be flagged for public display to appear in the inventory (see instructions page).
- Keywords must be entered as a full term or keyword. For example, entering “chem” will not return results for “chemistry” or “chemical.”
- Updated data can take upwards of 24 hours to be fed into the Inventory from FAR.
- If you have updated your data and it has been longer than 24 hours, please contact us.
My name is not listed in results and I have done sustainability work. Why?
If you have not tagged any of your activities with the sustainability flag in FAR, your profile will not be included in the list of faculty-related search results. See the bullet points from the answer above for instructions on how to tag your activities.
Data can take upwards of 24 hours to be reflected in the inventory results.
How do I add a new data source into the inventory?
Please contact Liz Ivkovich to discuss how you can integrate your data into the Sustainability Inventory.
Why are there countries associated with my sustainability research?
The Sustainability Inventory is modeled after the Global U Inventory and was created as a joint collaboration between the Office of Global Engagement and the GCSC. If you have selected the international flag in FAR, that data is also indicated in the Sustainability Inventory.
Your data is inaccurate. How do I update it?
If the data is for a faculty member, that can be updated by logging into FAR. If the data is non-faculty related, please contact us with a description of the data and the error.